Permanent Observer Mission of the African Union to the United Nations
3 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, New York, NY
The Permanent Observer Mission of the African Union to the United Nations, which represents 53 countries, engaged Janko Rasic Architects to design a new council chamber and administrative offices for use by the UN Ambassadors. Originally built as industrial space in the 1920’s, the floor combines two separate buildings. In addition to the 120-person council chamber, facilities include a reception gallery, cafeteria, and offices for the professional staff. To compensate for the building columns, an audio visual system maintains camera contact with all participants.