The Amateur Comedy Club

150 East 36th Street, New York, NY

Originally Built:

Landmark Status:
Sniffin Court Historic District

Murray Hill Architecture Award,
Murray Hill Neighborhood Association

The building is part of Sniffen Court listed on the National Historic Register. Built in the mid 1800’s, it was originally a stable and later converted into a theater in 1918. The exterior is composed primarily of brick and sandstone, while the structure consists of timber framing and load bearing exterior walls. Janko Rasic Architects coordinated the exterior restoration. Work included restoration of the brickwork, and new exterior doors in compliance with the buildings landmark status.